Hi there! We are J.J. & Alison Ochsenbein (pronounced Oxen-bine). We are a husband and wife Wedding photography team who loves God, Jesus, family, and shooting weddings. Being a part of so many special days with so many wonderful, in-Love couples never ceases to put smiles on our faces and tears to our eyes. It reminds us of our own wedding day and sorta makes us fall in love all over again. We are High School sweet-hearts, best friends and still madly in love. We were married one month after Graduating high school and have been building our dreams together ever since.
We are the proud parents of 3 wonderful and unique children, they mean the world to us and we count them as our greatest blessing.
In 2012 Life threw us a curveball that landed us in Hawaii. We packed our lives up into 7 suitcases and left our home in Utah to take care of a terminally-ill loved one in Hawaii. We lived in Hawaii full-time until 2021 when we made the decision to split time between Utah and Hawaii. who says you can't have roots and wings, right?. We love Hawaii with the endless beach days, warm sunsets, hiking, eating all the poke, and shave ice we can get our hands on. And we love Utah with it's amazing variety and truly some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet.
Lets talk about J.J.-
His real name is Jonathan James but once you get to know him you'll quickly understand why that is just too formal for him. J.J. is a fun-loving, easy going type of guy (think Matthew McConauhey from early '00 movies). He is a devoted Husband, Father and friend. He spends his free time, fishing, hiking, surfing or pumpin' Iron to some 80's heavy metal. He is passionate about all things Art. He loves to paint and sketch. He is an old soul, he loves good vinyl records and shooting film on his collection of old 35mm cameras.
Diet Coke and chocolate are on the Top of Alison’s favorites list, Target and TJ Maxx aren't far behind. Alison is always up for an adventure. She loves to hike and travel, she really is a hippie at heart. She'd love to travel the world and live in a van, if she could ever give up her comfy bed and warm shower. One of my favorite things about Alison is the love she has for our children. It’s always been a dream of hers to be a mother and she is a great Mom. Alison is the happy face and friend that puts every bride at ease. Being a licensed cosmetologist and having a former professional career in the bridal industry, she is knowledgeable and has a great eye for details. She always has that extra bobby-pin, lip gloss, hair spray, or mint in her bag.
Some random facts about us:
1. Both of us secretly ate cat food as children.
2. We first met in the Men's Restroom.
3. Neither of us care for those Marvel Movies. (sorry)
4. We will eat breakfast foods anytime of the day, we simply don't care.
More about us professionally:
Working as a husband wife team gives us the ability to cover all aspects of your wedding day. From getting ready photos for the bride and the groom, (because the men get ready too) to capturing the first look and excitement on everyone's faces.
A few things that set us apart from many other photographers:
1. We are firm believers in effective communication. We won't leave you on "Read", emails and phone calls will be answered and/or returned as soon as is possible. We are open and up-front and we whole-heartedly believe that "honesty is the best policy."
2. It might sound cliche' but exceptional customer experiences is what our business is built upon. We recognize that your wedding day is all about you, YOU ARE THE BOSS! We will give our professional opinions when needed but our biggest priority is serving you and your needs. We check what little egos we have at the door. We are laid back, adaptable and easy-going and vibe well with just about anybody. To date we have received over 150 reviews and never received anything less than 5 stars.
3. Lets talk about turn around time. We know you don't want to wait 2-3 months to get your photos back. For that reason we guarantee your online gallery delivered within 14 days or less. THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE SKIP OUT ON QUALITY. When we schedule weddings we leave ourselves ample time in-between to complete editing. If videography is included in your package the final video will be completed within 60 days.
The little details of your wedding are some of our favorite things to photograph. They are unique and special and we know how much thought and hours of Pinterest time were put into them.